Monday, October 31, 2005

Our Ho-Hum Weekend

This weekend was rather enjoyable because nothing was planned. It sure is nice to take a break from the craziness and just relax.
I did officially start my Christmas shopping on Saturday! I figure if I spread it out over a couple months, it won't be too overwhelming for me or my pocketbook. :)
On Sunday afternoon, my husband and I headed to a local nursing home to help conduct a church service. We work together with one of our friends, and he and Geoff take turns preaching. The ladies always comment on "how good looking those young men are!" It makes me laugh because they think they're whispering, but everyone can hear exactly what they are saying. After singing a couple hymns and the preaching, we visit for a short while. These elderly souls are so grateful to have someone take time out of their day just to chat with them.
Also, one of the big highlights of my weekend was watching my favorite football team play. Since we live in Philly Eagles country, not many channels will show the Denver Broncos playing unless they are playing against Philly. As a Colorado native, I don't think I'll ever change my loyalties. BTW, the final score was Broncos: 49 Eagles: 21.

No comments: