Monday, January 16, 2006

Only a Bride, Never a Bridesmaid

A couple months ago, my friend Elyse asked me to be in her upcoming wedding. Of course, I said yes. I've never been in a wedding, other than my own, before due to the fact that many of my really good friends are all unclaimed treasures at this point in time. But, anyways, getting the dress, dyeable shoes, etc., is starting to add up for us poor seminary student family! Next time, if there's ever a next time, I'm going to say yes on one condition - as long as it doesn't cost me over $100!
This weekend we had the surprise bridal shower for Elyse which was fun, yet stressful in getting done. For one of my showers, Elyse made me a towel cake (similar to the one in the picture), so I decided to give it a try. You just wrap up 2 towels of each size & pin them together & stack. I wanted to decorate with ribbon & silk flowers. Since Elyse's wedding is in Feb. her colors are burgundy & cream - very pretty. Well, what do you know? All of the flowers are spring - pink, yellow, lavender, etc.! These would work great if I was doing an Easter cake! After running around like a madwoman, I finally found roses that would work. In all honesty, the cake looked beautiful, and my only regret is that I forgot my camera to take a picture of it.

No comments: