Hopefully this one won't get too heated. Since I am a former teacher and have a degree in education, I feel strongly about this subject. But, let's see what each other thinks too!
1. Are you for or against homeschooling? Neither - It's up to the parent and the circumstances they are in.
2. Do you there are more benefits from homeschooling or public/private schools? Why? Each has their pros & cons. I was both homeschooled & taught in a Christian school. The homeschooling had the pros of easy schedule variances, but the cons of lack of social integration (even when joined with a homeschool group) and the lack of accountability. Christian schools have the pros of having trained teachers, Biblical based education, and the social integration, but the cons of peer pressure, apathetic Christian lives, and sometimes a mediocre education depending on whether the school could hire a qualified individual for the subject.
3. Would you homeschool your children? If I had to.
4. Do you think it's better for children to adhere to a fixed curriculum or let them follow their own interests (unschooling)? Why? Fixed curriculum. Everyone needs a plan to reach objectives which are considered as necessary to society.
5. Homeschooling has increased rapidly in the past few years. Do outing it'll continue to be popular or is it just the current fad? I think many parents are dissatisfied with public schools, so it will continue to grow only if one parent is willing to stay home & give up their career. Christian schools are on a downhill slope attendance-wise, possibly due to the high tuition. Many Christian parents are homeschooling for this reason.
Let me know your opinion - doesn't matter if it disagrees with mine!