Thursday, April 06, 2006

Gotta Love Ebay!

It's starting to feel like we're living high on the hog. I just "won" a new-to-us dining room/kitchen table set for us. I'm so excited! Now everything will match! When we got married Geoff's parents gave us their 20 year old kitchen table that had been in their basement displaying his father's tools, so it's scratched up. The chairs were long gone, but his mom had a bench that matched it. So we used that until someone gave us a couple chairs - that was a blessing. Sidenote-Geoff is more than 1 foot taller than I am, so a bench was difficult to use for eating - he's close enough to the table, I'm too far, etc.
I've been looking on ebay for a dining set, but cheap. I finally found one, but wasn't sure if we should get it. After one week, no one bid on it, then it was relisted. After talking over with Geoff, he said go for it, but when I finally had the time, the auction ended, and it wasn't relisted again. I e-mailed the people & told them if they relisted it, I would bid on it. A week later it was ours! On Saturday, we're set up to go pick it up. It probably will need to be refinished, but we're up to it. I'm getting excited about it.

8 comments:

pamela s said...

I forgot to mention we got the set for $49! Pam

Shyla said...

i love ebay!!
Congrats on your goldmine!!

Heather said...

WOW! Pam that is so exciting. I need to start watching e-bay. We are looking for a table similar to that one!!! Our kitchen table is so bad. It was stored in my Grandmothers basement for who knows how long. Lets just say, it has seen better days!!!

Have a great time picking it up!!!

Samantha said...

Pamela,
That table looks very nice (especially for the price)! We're in the market for a new dining room table as well- I just never thought to look on Ebay. I'll have to check it out. Congrats!

christina said...

pam,
that table is almost exactly like the one we had when i was growing up. i loved it. and it was a great table. in fact, it still is. rob and kara howell have it over in tanzania and i loved visiting it when i went over there! :-)

Unknown said...

congrats Pam! What a terrific deal; ebay is the bestest. :) i know EXACTLY how you feel about hand me down furniture. i'm looking forward to the day when matt has a real teaching job and we can buy some new stuff.

Jenny said...

Pam, the image of you and Geoff sitting at a bench at your table gave me a good giggle! I'm so glad you can now move independently up to the table. Isn't it great how God gives us those deals?

Kelli said...

Congrats on the nice dining room table! What a find! My husband is addicted to ebay! He loves watching bids going on and loves when he wins! He has recently won a brand new pair of soccer cleats for his trip to Germany! He saves us so much money!
When he graduates, and has more time, he has thought about selling more stuff! If you have the time to put into it you can really make some good money!