Friday, August 04, 2006
Happy Birthday to Me!
I'm now edging even closer to 30. On Saturday I turn 26. I'm not saying this so I get a barrage of "Happy Birthdays," (please don't feel obligated!) but as a time to be thankful for what God has given me over my short life. I think Katie thought of the great idea to make a list of what you're thankful for, so I am being a copycat.
I'm thankful for:
1. My salvation through Christ
2. My ever-loving & patient hubby - I don't deserve him
3. A great Christian family - Parents that tried to raise me to love & trust God. Sisters & Brother who are more than siblings, but friends also.
4. God's Word for guidance & encouragement
5. A church family & Pastor that desires to glorify Him
6. College Friends who are more like sisters (yeah Trailer 5!)
7. Ice Cream!
8. Saturdays for sleeping in
9. Kisses & hugs from my hubby
10. A reliable car
11. Steady job & paycheck
12. Beauty of God's creation - mountains & flowers
13. Communication from those who I love across the miles - phones, cell phones, emails, letters & cards
14. A great place to live - we get a discount on a townhome b/c Geoff's uncle is the Maintenance Man. We wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise.
15. God's Provision in helping us not be late with any of our bills even though our income was less than outgoing bills
16. A healthy body - no broken bones, diseases, etc.
17. Thrift stores!
18. Sweatshirts & Sweat Pants for those cool evenings
19. Cotton underwear during the hot humid months - believe me - I'm totally thankful for these, it makes a huge difference to me who is not used to living in this type of weather!
20. A nation that still allows us freedoms
21. Computer that works
23. I'm so thankful that this is Geoff's last year of school!
24. Teachers & mentors that have encouraged/pushed me to do God's will
25. A mind that is able to comprehend & learn new things
26. That my future is in His hands.