Wednesday, October 11, 2006
WFMW: Pumpkin Cake
I just love this cake! Last year I found this in my mother in-law's free Kraft Foods magazine. It's so easy to make, and you can vary it to whatever you have on your pantry shelf or taste.
1. Use a cake mix or mix one up from scratch.
2. Pour into a bundt cake pan & bake according to your recipe (or box, like I do :).
3. Release from the pan & let cool.
4. Make a batch of white icing (or buy a tub, like me :)
5. Scoop out about 1-4 - 1/2 cup of icing & color it green using food coloring.
6. Mix together red & yellow food coloring in the rest of the icing to color it orange. Frost your cake with the orange.
7. Can you guess what the stem is made of? An ice cream cone! Using your green icing, cover your ice cream cone & place in the center of your cake.
You can pipe leftover green icing on your pumpkin, or just leave it plain. The pumpkin cake can be made between September and November! Love the versatility-you can use it for family gatherings, fall parties, or for Thanksgiving for those people who aren't into pies. Works for Me!
Check out Rocks In My Dryer for other great ideas!