- Diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes during Week 30. Was told my endocronologist didn't have openings until after the due date, but the next business day, I was squeezed in due to a cancellation. We went over my numbers, which weren't really too bad. I was given a lower in carbs diet, told to avoid sugar, and to prick my finger 4 times a day. After the 1st week, I realized it wasn't so bad & I'll live. :)
- We finally got a dresser for the baby!! I've been looking for over a month for one, but was having a hard time just finding a dresser. Most nursery furniture is sold as a set, and no one wanted to divide it up. After 3 weeks of going to a local thrift store, I found a cute vintage armoire/dresser made for a baby in perfect condition. A coat of paint, and some new drawer pulls & we're in business!
- Sleeping is getting to be a bit more difficult. Between weird dreams, back aches, & leg numbness it's been hard to wake up feeling refreshed. I'm guessing this is practice for later. . .
- People who we haven't told specifically that we're expecting are asking when I'm due. Finally, I feel as if I look preggo. There's a fine line between looking preggo & looking porky. :)
- I am NOT ready to have this baby yet. But, being diagnosed with GD does give me a greater chance to have this baby early!! That freaks me out a bit, but I know it's in God's hands & He gives us what we can handle.
- Geoff has had limited time working on the crib. There are 52 slats & each one requires 3 cuts, so this is a BIG job. Then we have sanding, staining, polyurethaning, & assembling. Praise the Lord for our pack n play!!
- Our Labor & Delivery classes have started. I feel ridiculous practicing the breathing exercises, but it is helpful having 10 other couples doing it at the same time. The anatomy of a pregnant body is fascinating!!
Monday, September 17, 2007
Preggo Update - Week 31
I know this blog is suddenly all about the upcoming baby & I apologize to those who don't want to know, but it's my blog & I can talk about what I want to, right? :) I guess I'm feeling slightly hormonal. :)