Family Traditions is the theme for this week's survey. It's fun to think back to when I was small & I knew I could expect certain things for each holiday. What did your family do or what do you do now with your own family to make each holiday special?
1. Do you have any family traditions? If so, what are they? Yes. We had many, but my favorite was Christmas Stockings. On Christmas Eve my parents would fill our stockings & hide them around the house. On Christmas morning, we would play Hot & Cold to find them. My parents even hid each other's stocking. It started off Christmas Day with a lot of fun.
2. Do you think having family traditions are important? Why or why not. Family traditions are extremely important in distinguishing your family from others - it makes you special! :) Also, children love knowing what will happen from year to year, and they look forward to it. Traditions create family togetherness.
3. What traditions do you wish your family had? I'll have to hear of some more so I know which ones are out there!
4. Do you have a tradition that you wish was more common among the United States population? If so, what is it and why? Not really. I know I'm gald we don't celebrate some things that other countries do like Day of the Dead - those sound scary!
5. Do or will you pass this traditions down to your own kids? I definitely want to implement traditions in our family. Geoff & I have started doing some for just ourselves before children come, so we get into the habit. I'm looking forward to creating a family togetherness some day!
Let me know how you feel! Since most of you have small children, have you started yet?