Friday, August 18, 2006

Makeover Magic

Boy has my house been a pig sty recently! About a month ago, we started to sand off the top of our kitchen table (my great ebay find!). The table top had a little water damage from being stored in a barn, but the rest of the set is immaculate, so this was pretty easy. I don't know why we didn't think to just use a paint/varnish stripper, but we did it the old fashioned way - with a sander. Anyways, it seems like things kept popping up, so we could only work on it for 20 or 30 minutes here or there. Needless to say, although the sander is "dustless", it is not "dustless." :) Finally 3 weeks later, we are able to stain! Yeah!!!!! Due to the fact that we were so excited to get the project done, we didn't take any "before" pics, but I'll try to post "after" ones when we finished. Tonight, I'll add some polyurethane, and we'll probably add another coat this weekend. I'll kinda miss our dinners on the couch, but it will be fun to use our "new" table.
In the midst of all this, I found a great couch for $40 on craigslist! It's a hunter green microfiber couch which matches the rest of our furniture & very comfy. Our current couch was given to us when we got married and was comfy, but ugly. So, I posted the ugly couch on craigslist on Monday & someone came by Thursday to pick it up! We got $40 for it, so we're even.
On top of that, I found a beautiful oak entertainment center for $40 on craigslist too. We're going to pick that up on Sat. Since we won't need our TV stand or stereo cabinet anymore, I'll try to sell those also, and hopefully they will equal out to what the entertainment center cost!
The Lord has given me so much, and I'm so thankful for it. Who would have though that I could re-do my living room for just the cost of going to pick up the stuff! My hubby wants me to stay away from craigslist & ebay for awhile. :)

No comments: