Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Little Getaway

This past weekend we squeezed in a little "babymoon." I've been feeling great, so it seemed like a great time to go away just the 2 of us. We headed out to the NJ Shore, and enjoyed a relaxing time together.
  • Walked up and down the boardwalk checking out the little shops.
  • Spent a little time on the beach in the morning before beach tags are necessary. (saving us $10!)
  • Going back and forth between the History Channel & Home & Garden TV in our hotel room. We don't have cable, so this was a treat! :)
  • Sitting on benches taking a break from the walking. As we people watched, we also discussed pros & cons of the different strollers going by (how do you choose which is best?).
  • Visited the First Aid section on the boardwalk to clean up some cuts on my leg & toes after I fell off a curb. How embarrassing!
  • Strolled through a little Victorian shore town.
  • Ate delicious ice cream cones!

Obviously, this was pretty boring to some people, but for us it was great. We haven't had a chance to slow down all summer, so this was a nice break.

We came home Sun. eve. to head to church to meet up with my good friend Kristi who was visiting, & I really wanted to see her. I have laundry to catch up on, dust bunnies to capture, floors to sweep & mop, on top of VBS every night this week. Is it Friday yet?

4 comments:

Carrie said...

My parents grew up in Runnemede, NJ so every summer we would go back. Our favorite was always going to the beach, or crabbing It was always so relaxing, fun, and we have so many great memories from there.

Heather said...

Are you kidding...it sounds totally relaxing to me!! I am so glad that you were able to get away and have an enjoyable time with your honey!!!

Unknown said...

That's EXACTLY what we do when we're in a hotel room - check out all the cable channels we're missing! My faves are tlc and the discovery channel.

Glad you had a relaxing weekend; hang in there this week and remember your easy going weekend when things get busy! :)

Jenny said...

Sounds like fun to me, too! GLAD you got to see Kristi! I bet that was so fun. We get to see her in another month! YAY! Don't get too busy - take a nap or two!! (And when do we get to see pictures of your cute self?)