Friday, February 23, 2018

One more time around

There are so many thoughts swirling in my head recently, so I thought, maybe I should jot some of them down - like start a blog. Then I remembered: I already have one.

Back before Facebook was a thing, many friendships were started or strengthened through the blossoming blogging world, and then FB killed it. Not really, because there are still numerous blogs with perfect pictures ready to be shared on Pinterest so that we can attempt to attain the perfect diet, home, children, crafts, and you fill in the blank with what you want. But, then we went from sharing our lives in paragraphs on our little family blogs to 1-2 sentences to a quote or phrase from a good article with a link to a picture of offspring with a catchy caption.  Occasionally there was a pic announcing big news, and you start checking comments, likes, and now other emotions.

And now, I want to share a little more again. When this was first started we had no kids, and now we have five. There was a little more down time to share thoughts and ideas over ten years ago, but now that our youngest is two, I feel like survival mode has been shifted in the off position more often than the thriving mode. Even if no one reads these thoughts, it will be nice to get them out of my head into an organized way and maybe someday, I'll come back and reflect on them again.

No comments: