Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Summer 2018

So, we burst from May into summer break which turned out to be our most busy summer ever as a family or a couple. Or maybe, I'm just getting old, and it felt crazy. I think this is our life right now though, and I'm trying to enjoy it. Here's a run-down for posterity's sake. 😏

  • June
    • School's out! We enjoyed a couple days off before the craziness set in.
    • I continued my first summer semester course for my master's program.
    • Took Maleia to her summer school course every day for 3 weeks so she could go on a school trip to sleep overnight in an aquarium.
    • Traveled with some lovely ladies from our church to Indianapolis for The Gospel Coalition Women's Conference which studied Deuteronomy. Loved it!
    • Maleia went to the Mall of America to Sleep with the Sharks
  • July
    • Spent 11 days on the road visiting Geoff's family in PA
    • 2 days after arriving home I got the worst sinus infection I have ever had which overlapped with the next couple events. Also all the kids had some type of vomiting bug during that time too.
    • Our friends Chris and Liz Lovelace visited us for a little over a week and our church from Mexico where Chris works with Bible translation groups.
    • Vacation Bible School with the Lovelaces as our week's missionary family.
    • Friends from France, Illinois, and Minnesota came to visit on the same day and reunite!
    • Began the second summer semester course.
  • August
    • Celebrated three birthdays in our family!
    • Did a mini vacay in the Twin Cities for family photographs (I won a free session in January, so we got to take advantage!)
    • Successfully surprised Geoff with a get together to celebrate his birthday!
    • Registered kids for school
    • Got three kids into the dentist for check ups
    • Maleia began sewing lessons
    • Finished my summer courses and began my first fall one
    • We have another missionary family visiting us this week.
    • My parents are coming also this week to visit
So, that's a lot packed into a couple months! So grateful to have survived and also enjoy it!

No comments: