Friday, March 10, 2006
I know it's been a long week for most of you out there, but here are some fun questions to answer to see everyone's opinions. The topic is reading. I absolutely love to read, but I think college did me in. I do not know how my husband reads his 1,000 pages per class per semester. I would be insane by now. I do occasionally pick up a good Chrisian fictional novel, and sometimes when I'm at the library, I sneak over the kid's sections to read a Nancy Drew book. :) Let me know your thoughts.
1. How often do you read? I used to read a book or two a week. But, then I started racking up $2-3 library fines a month, I punished myself by not going for awhile. Since I've started crocheting last year, I've slacked off quite a bit.
2. Who are your favorite authors? John Grisham, Lori Wick, Tracy Peterson.
3. What genre most interests you (For example, suspense, romance,horror, contemporary, etc.)? Christian romance, Historical Fiction
4. What elements of a book most appeal to you (character development,plot, dialogue, etc.)?
I love character development, because I love to be able to relate with the character. For instance, one summer when I was in college, I was reading a Lori Wick book (not sure which one), and got so excited because the girl with brown hair, not stick thin, and maybe a little homely looking actually got the main guy in the story! I was so excited I ran down the hall yelling, "The ugly fat girl finally got the guy!" My sister was the only one home, and she just laughed.
5. Do you buy books written by celebrity authors? Why or why not? First of all, I don't buy books. I usually only read them once. Occasionally, I will look through a celebrity book. Maybe a biography or something pertaining to their field (cooking, decorating, weight loss, etc.), but it's not a usualy habit.
Now it's your turn!