Wednesday, November 08, 2006

WFMW: Internet Radio


I have a full-time job of working in an office, so I'm a 9-5er Monday thru Friday. In the years that I have been here, I have accumulated quite a few electronic devices that are supposed to make life easier. On my desk I have my computer with all of its gadgets & gismos, adding machine, telephone, & 3 various printers (2 are label printers). Needless to say, my power strip is completely full! But, I'm a person who needs background noise and was bummed when my most recent printer came to my desk, because it meant no radio! I started to listen to my CDs, which was nice if you want to change them every 45-60 minutes or so, or I could put one on repeat and hear it again & again & again . . .
So, where do I begin searching? Online! Soon I found a great free Internet radio site: www.live365.com I can choose my background noise from multiple classical and Christian music stations. I'm very excited to try out the holiday secion in a couple weeks! Music helps my day go by a little more quickly, so this definitely works for me!
Go to Rocks In MyDryer for more great ideas - probably better than this one. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, sounds like a cool thing! I'll have to check it out. I'm always looking for new Christian music. You could also download your favorite songs from your cds and then make playlists on your computer. But you probably don't have time to do all that.

Do you really use those label printers?

pamela s said...

Yup I do! I have one that just prints UPS labels & one that does large shipping labels. I do all the shipping paperwork for the company, so each printer is used a lot! It's nice that they're both laser too, so I never have to worry about ink cartridges.

Kelli said...

Wow, that radio station idea sounds great!! I don't have speakers at my desk, but that is good to keep in mind if I ever do.
How did your crocheted things sell at the craft sale? I too sent things home to my mom to sell at a Thanksgiving dinner and also for a Christmas tea coming up. I love making extra money! I am working on several more things for the Christmas tea. Hope it went well for you!!