Yesterday there was news about the government sending out checks to some tax payers (I'm hoping I'm one of them!), and then there's thinking about filing taxes and hoping for a nice refund, or just hoping you don't have to owe if you're not planning on it! So, here's a fun survey about what you'd do if you had a windfall!
1. If you were to get a unexpected windfall, what is your first thought on what to do with the money? Were you practical or not?! Practical-down payment on a home, pay off my car to be entirely debt free, put some in savings for retirement, etc.
2. You have $1000 to spend on yourself. What do you buy? With $5000? $1000-new living room furniture $5000-put towards a down payment on a home
3. You have $1000 to spend on something for your home. What do you buy? With $5000? $1000-living room furniture $5000-appliances for our new home!
4. You have your windfall and you realize your car is older than you. So what do you buy? A crossover car with the third row seat. Then with the leftover money a new Ford Mustang! :)
5. You decide to buy some books with your windfall at Amazon. What 5 books would you get? One on how to make babyfood, a couple parenting books, and a couple fiction books by some of my favorite authors.
My answers were kinda boring. Anyone else wonder what they'd do with a windfall?